Friday, February 27, 2015

Things I love...

This week has been brutal, coming up with things I love besides warm weather has been overwhelming.

I have been working on planning my cousin's "One Big Bridal Shower". I took on the task of organizing and hosting her shower for both sides of her family, her fiancé's family and her friends. I will have help from her bridesmaids and some of her aunts in making sure things go off without a hitch. As part of the planning and something I love to do, I made the invitations. I didn't come up with the design, I found one that I liked on Pinterest and figured out how to make it my own. After searching for the perfect fonts, I put together this little gem.


So, why did I decide to do this? I love to make things and this helps me in my creative processes and learning techniques. How did I make it? I did it in Photoshop. I drew the graphic by hand, snapped a photo of it, edited the graphic, layered in the text and printed. 

I am a big fan of making your own cards and invitations because of the personal level. I completely understand that not everyone can or will do things like this. If purchasing is more your speed, check out Esty.com. There are many makers there. Some makers create cards and invites and ship them to you and others create files for you to download and print. There are many different options to get a more personalized or customized look. 


I also make most of the birthday cards we give people. Most of the time cards get tossed with the wrapping paper so I decided to just make the cards myself. These are customized to the theme of the parties we went to but I think coming up with a signature card that I give to everyone might be the best way to go.

Here's the thing with making my own cards, I don't stress and I have fun with it! When I make things its really for me, I want others to like the things I make, but I know not everyone appreciates these things. So, I just make them and keep working on my process and style so maybe one day they will be masterpieces!



No comments:

Post a Comment