Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Bravo...

The new MTV for anyone over thirty!

www.usmagazine.com
I love watching tv! It is my favorite down time activity. I could easily become a couch potato if any station is running a marathon of a show that I am even slightly interested in.

This is why I love the Bravo network. Everyday, they show a mini marathon of one of their shows. Plus, they are the home to The Housewives series, which I love all of those.

That brings me to my first statement. I think Bravo is the new MTV for anyone over thirty. I was watching this weekend to catch up on my Housewives of the O.C., the one with Vicki, Tamara and Heather. There were these commercials for their new series about these women throwing lavish 40th birthday parties called My Fab 40th, so a lot like My Sweet Sixteen on MTV. The first episode of My Fab 40th, even had two friends celebrating their birthday together and making a donation to a great charity. I may be a little off but I am pretty sure that is very similar to the very first episode of My Sweet Sixteen. I don't know, I do really watch too much tv!

As I watched the ladies of the O.C., I came to the conclusion that I want to be on that show but somehow come in as a second year cast mate. I am a little scared of Vicki's welcoming tactics, she always puts the new girls through the wringer. So, lets just skip the first year. I am also going to need Gretchen to come back, not because I want to be friends with her but because we are the same age. If we became friends though, I think I would be ok with that.

The reason why I want to be on the O.C. housewives because I want to compare how I am aging to how they are kind of aging. Does that make sense?!?! I know its weird. It is not secret that they like botox and other elective cosmetic surguries. I also want to see how much makeup they all actually wear. Many times I find myself staring at their makeup and wondering why so much?

Which then just leads to a bunch of questions like why do women wear makeup at all? Why don't men wear makeup? What if babies wore makeup? That last one is just stupid because that is way too much work to have to keep applying lipstick to a baby. Then, I wonder how they all have perfect hair all the time. I know they have stylists that do them up but why? Do they do their hair like that when the cameras are not rolling? Next, I wonder what I do all day long that keeps me from doing my hair and makeup, sometimes even taking a shower. Until finally, I am just sitting there watching tv wondering why I just spun myself into a stupid web of comparison.

So, back to the MTV comparison. The Housewives series is kind of like The Real World. They don't have really any music videos unless you count the handful of housewives whom worked at fulfilling a dream. I know you all are singing, Don't Be Tardy for the Party, right now! Seriously, no one really cares because if they did MTV would show more music.

I am so thankful for Andy Cohen for being apart of creating an acceptable place for me to watch these shows and remembering what worked for us as teenagers in high school and college!

No comments:

Post a Comment