Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Weekend favorites...


Family traditions. We don't have many traditions set yet but Saturday mornings are for pancakes and making breakfast with Emerson. 

Emerson loves to "make recipes." So, while we were mixing up our pancakes he asked to make something. I said yes and modified a cake recipe so he could make some chocolate chip mini muffins. I lined up his ingredients and he mixed it all together like a pro! 


The end result, 36 prefect mini muffins that were gone by breakfast on Monday morning! 


I am loving this tradition and that each week it gets easier and easier. Especially, in the coaching through the steps. Sometimes being on repeat with saying, "no, not yet," "that's too much," "make sure you get everything in the bowl," "wait for mommy," and "please, be careful," mixed with the occasional yell of "stop," "what are you doing," and "knock it off," makes me not want to teach the process at all but the time spent with Emerson makes my heart happy. Maybe we have a budding baker or pastry chef on our hands but for right now I will take our time together with me practicing patients and him learning the love of baking as my reward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment