Friday, June 3, 2016

Summer Break...


is on! We started our summer break a couple weeks ago and have already done some of our favorite summertime activities. We have had water balloons fights, played in the sprinkler, "canon splashed" in the pool, picnicked on the deck, played in the sand and rode bikes. 

We have fallen right into our easy routine of summer and I love it. 


This summer is going to be bitter sweet. We are fastly approaching the arrival of baby number three and every time I think about Rhys not being the baby anymore I get a little sad. He, on the other hand, is excited about becoming a big brother and when asked if he will always be my baby, he says, "No, I want to be a big brother."

So, my hope is that these next eight weeks are full of little moments, somewhat insignificant moments, that when added up are memories for our lifetimes. 


Splashing in our pink kiddie pool in our backyard and washing all our outside toys are just the beginning of those moments. 


Having picnics on the deck, listening to their made up stories, silly sayings and attempts at rhyming the word poop with everything they say can be added in, also. 

Emerson will turn five right around the time the baby arrives. He is a kid now, his independence pushed him past being a baby long before he ever became a big brother. He already has the big brother role down and I am sure he is going to be the leader of his siblings. Yet, when I ask him if he will always be my baby he says, "Yes. Even when I am big like you, I will still be your baby." 

It really is amazing to watch them grow and become more and more independent but for now I will watch these last few moments that I have with just the two of them and hope that the memories made last forever. 







No comments:

Post a Comment