Saturday, June 11, 2016

Things I love...



Strawberries, summer camp, silliness and sweetness. This week we were busy crossing items off our summer to do list, nesting list and regular weekly task list.



Strawberry picking was first on our list this week. The boys were most excited that their friends were coming with us and the ice cream they would get when we were done. At first, I thought it was going to take us forever to fill our flats because Emerson dumped his box and Rhys was busy eating and giving away the berries I picked. Somehow, we managed to collect 11 pounds of the sweetest, juiciest strawberries I have ever had. Those 11 pounds turned into several quart bags to freeze and a strawberry rubarb pie, that I have been craving for months. 



This was our first week of summer camp. I look forward to these weeks because I am able to knock out all my summer home tasks. The boys love it because it's two weeks of play with their friends. The goals this week were to get all of our gardens trimmed and weeded, the deck and front porch cleaned and the downstairs carpets cleaned. I crushed them!


The boys love for being outside and being themselves makes being their mom pretty fantastic. They help remind me everyday that I cannot control everything and not all rules are rules to live by. Wearing cowboy boots with sport shorts, why not. Getting a cute picture when growling cheese, impossible. The silliness in the end, makes it worth it. 


Then times like this happen. Emerson was sharing a snack with Rhys in the car and when I noticed that he was being very helpful I said to Rhys, "You have a pretty great big brother." He agreed and then Emerson said, "Well, Rhys you're a pretty fun little brother." I melted! They are pretty sweet to each other without missing an opportunity to pick at each other. They are developing a strong bond that as a parent you pray to see. 

As this week comes to an end, we are excited for our weekend adventures yet, oh so ready to slow back down and enjoy our time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment