Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Get out and go...



As I have been daydreaming about getting out and going far, I have been thinking about how I can use this same idea everyday or just once a week to fulfill my need for wanderlust.

I don't believe you have to go far to explore and start to understand the world.

I came up with a list that would remind me to see what is in my town. First, get out of the house. Second, know my block. Third, walk down my street and around my neighborhood. Forth, go to the shops around the square. Last, set a goal- walk all the streets of my town. 


You must first get out of your house. Spend time in your yard, watch the day go by laying in the grass. If your scared to lay in the yard, find a chair. 

Second, get to know your block. Talk with your neighbors, be friendly. Relationships will develope and a stronger sense of comradery will be formed. 


Third, take a walk down your street and then your neighborhood. You can find so many interesting things, people and ideas. Your world also becomes bigger at this point. 





Forth, if there are business, go to them! Support them, shop them, eat at them, use them. I love errand days where I can put the kids in the stroller and walk around our town. 




Last, set a goal. See every street, ally, neighborhood, shop, business, park, walking path or civic area within your town. Do this all by foot! We miss things when we get in our cars and start moving faster.

Getting out and going doesn't have to be anymore than a destination across town. The point is to explore and grow.

















No comments:

Post a Comment