Sunday, August 9, 2015

Somewhere in Montana...


We have been on our adventure for 33 hours now. Ten more hours until we reach our first multiple day destination. 

Last night we decided we were both to tired to keep going. Neither of us were getting enough consecutive hours of naps to feel refreshed. I had missed my exit in a construction zone causing an hour and a half drive out of our way, and we had several unplanned stops. So, we found a hotel in Gillette, South Dakota. 

Yeah, so I missed my exit to get on 90, somehow. I was following the signs to get on 90 West to go to Sioux Falls through a construction zone. What I didn't see was that my exit was closed and I had to use the next exit to turn around and come back to get on 90. I thought that was really easy when I made it through the construction. I then sat back and relaxed. 

Forty-five minutes later, Emerson asked to go to the bathroom. We stopped at a rest stop, Eric woke up and was looking to see exactly where we were. That's when he realized. It wasn't until we made it back to the exit that we could see how I missed it. 

So, for those forty-five minutes back tracking, I was mulling over how I missed the exit. Eric kept telling me it was ok. Then he said something that I responded with, "Well, I'm not stupid...although I did miss my exit and drove for a long time. So, I can see..."

Things didn't go quit as planned but are working out to be just fine. I did request that for the rest of the trip we program the gps!

No comments:

Post a Comment