Friday, August 28, 2015

Things I Love...

Summer.


I can't believe that we are almost to the unofficial end of summer. In just one short week we will be celebrating with friends the end of the season. I am a little sad for it to be ending. We have had a great summer.


We have developed many habits this summer that I want to see become traditions or annual events. All of our adventures have been amazing. I made a list at the beginning of summer of things we wanted to do and we accomplished almost all of them. My plan for weekly trips to the the library still is not happening. We camped, we swam, we played in the rain, we made elf gardens, we rode bikes, built sand castles in our own sandbox, had friends over, went hiking, went on a big adventure, watched fireworks, rode a float, went on boat rides, rode rides at an amusement park and ate s'mores. I think that is a pretty accomplished list.



The best part of this summer has been watching these two becoming best buddies. Emerson likes helping Rhys and watching him. He likes playing dad. Rhys likes imitating Emerson and always looks or asks for him. He likes being the little brother. They thrive when they are on there own but when given the choice they always choose to be together.

As much as I hate to say goodbye to the season I love the most, the possibilities of the adventures that we choose to do during fall are endless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment