Monday, November 2, 2015

Halloween...

Hayride at Spencer Farms pumpkin patch

love this time of year because everything starts to become cozy. Sweaters, fuzzy slippers, scarves, and blankets. It also means Halloween. There are so many things I love about Halloween but the few things I hate makes this celebrated tradition my least favorite. 



I love the pumpkin patch, pumpkin carving, trick-or-treating, carnivals, and dressing up as superheroes, princesses, cartoon characters, vampires or witches. I hate scary movies and dressing up as creepy, ghoulish, evil characters. Scary movies give me anxiety and most creepy costumes come from those scary movies. I really want Halloween to be G rated!





My most favorite part of the tradition is the candy! I remember as a kid going around town with my mom and brothers getting candy from the people we knew. When we were done we would head to the elementary school gym for the Halloween carnival. Costume contest, games with prizes and candy, and a haunted house. I had so much fun running around playing with friends and staying far, far away from the haunted house. Returning home was always the best part!

My brothers and I would all sit around checking out our loot, trading and comparing, and eating as much candy as we could before falling asleep. 


Costume selections for trick-or-treating.

This year proved to be just like my memories from childhood. Emerson and Rhys love dress up, we have a bin full of costumes and accessories, so picking out a costume wasn't too hard. For weeks, Emerson talked about being Batman or Ironman or Go Go Power Ranger when it came to trick or treat he chose a skeleton costume and black hat. Rhys chose Superman and stuck with it.


Carnival games.

The night before we headed to the park for a carnival. There were games with prizes, hot chocolate and popcorn, story telling, a hayride and dancing. The boys had a blast!

This is our neighbor. She made this stilt spirt costume and calls herself "Creature."

On Halloween we walked around our neighborhood meeting and chatting with everyone while trick-or-treating. I was amazed how much fun we had and how everyone gets into to the festivities. The boys lasted two hours and then we headed home to pass out candy for the last hour. 



When we settled in for the night, we dumped the candy on the coffee table and picked out our favorites and ate candy until the boys fell asleep. We had a very awesome October capped off with an even better Halloween night!

No comments:

Post a Comment