Monday, November 23, 2015

Things that I love...

Trying new recipes.

Stuffed Pepper Soup (picture from www.cookingclassy.com)
This past week I had a bit of a breakdown with our food planning. It happened mid-week when the temperature outside dropped. I was hungry for lunch and when I went to make my regular food I wanted something more. Something hot. Something, like soup. 

We didn't have any cans of soup and when I looked around, I found that we were missing some ingredients for me to put together something quickly. So, I made my regular salad and had a cup of tea. 

Then, when it was time for me to make diner we had nothing planned, nothing was thawed and I still wanted soup. I felt frustrated and overwhelmed by this simple task of eating all because I wanted soup. 

That night I sat down with my phone and spent the next few hours searching Pinterest (another thing I love!) looking for soup ideas that work with paleo, clean, or 21 day fix ways of eating. I tossed out a few dishes that I found and we decided that we would try Stuffed Pepper Soup

I made the soup for diner on Friday night. It was prefect and just what I wanted. I thought it was pretty easy and quick to make. It tasted great, it was everything that I want stuffed peppers to taste like but as a soup and pairs perfectly with grilled cheese. Well, that's how I served it to the boys and they loved it.

Stuffed Pepper Soup will now be added to our menu!







No comments:

Post a Comment