Sunday, November 8, 2015

Thankful...

For the little moments. 


Emerson found a deck of cards today. When I got home from my group exercise class he greeted me by asking if I would play cards with him. I taught him the game of "War." We played through the deck once before both of us lost interest. 

Playing cards reminds me of my grandmas. One grandma played cards all the time, either solitaire or Old Maid with her grandkids or Rummy with her friends in the afternoons. We all have a story that starts with, "one time when I was playing cards with grandma..." and ends with lots of laughter. My other grandma, I don't remember playing cards, expect when she was over one Christmas morning and we had been given a deck of Uno cards. She was my partner in the game because I ended up with half the deck in my hands and needed more hands. I remember laughing with her and having fun. 

I am thankful for this little moment that Emerson and I had today that brought back sweet memories of two ladies I am beyond grateful for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment